CFP®: Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Full-Time • Houston, Texas
CFA: A Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Full-Time • Houston, Texas
CPA: Certified Public Accountant Full-Time • Houston, Texas
Senior Financial Planner Full-Time • Houston, Texas
The Financial Advisory Group, a fee-only financial planning firm, is looking to welcome an experienced senior Financial Planner to our team. The successful candidate will work directly with clients and their closely held businesses/professional practices in order to help them navigate the intricate world of personal finance. The Financial Planner will utilize their substantial planning experience and strong relationship management skills to be an outstanding trusted advisor for our clients.
Work directly with and report to the Chief Planning Officer of the firm.
Ability to work with our planning disciplines, including our Investment Management, Client Service, and Tax Departments.
Prepare, review, update and communicate comprehensive financial plans for an already established client base;
Identify potential retirement strategies, appropriate investment allocation/location opportunities, potential tax strategies, estate considerations, insurance needs analyses, and college funding.
Building strong, personal relationships with our existing clients.
- Proactive personal communication with existing clients, identifying opportunities through needs-based analyses and positioning appropriate solutions, as well as face-to-face communication of these planning strategies with clients.
Developing and maintaining internal relationships to help maintain business workflow and meet agreed targets.
- Desire to work as a true financial fiduciary for a values-based planning firm that puts client interests above all else;
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation required;
- Strong communication skills with the clear ability to communicate verbally and in writing in an intelligent, courteous, and grammatically correct manner;
- Strong organization and time management skills with an analytical inclination;
- Collaborate and work with others on a team as well as mentoring and coaching junior planners;
- 3+ years of direct experience in the financial planning process and client facing preferred;
- Technical expertise in financial modeling and concepts;
- Knowledge and experience with industry standard financial planning software.
- A desire to improve professional skills, develop specialized industry expertise, as well as stay on top of industry trends.
Salary is commensurate with experience, education, and qualifications.
Listed below are a few common positions that we are often hiring for. If interested, please check out our open positions and submit an application!
CFP®: Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
Formal recognition of expertise in the areas of financial planning, taxes, insurance, estate planning, and retirement saving.
CFA: A Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Globally-recognized professional designation given by the CFA Institute, (formerly the AIMR (Association for Investment Management and Research)), that measures and certifies the competence and integrity of financial analysts. Candidates are required to pass three levels of exams covering areas, such as accounting, economics, ethics, money management, and security analysis.
CPA: Certified Public Accountant
Trusted financial advisor who helps individuals, businesses, and other organizations plan and reach their financial goals.
To include New Accounts/Onboarding, Client Service, and Operations
To include Receptionist, Billing, Tax Return Processing